Monday 5 March 2012

ITEM OF DESIRE: Platform shoes

I think it all started back in the 50's when the Teddy Boys added the so called 'brothel creepers' to his more than imitated look. This type of shoe regained popularity in the early 1970s when they were worn by people as Malcolm McLaren or Vivienne Westwood.






But it has been quite later and due to Prada S/S11 colection when the platform shoe became a clearly object of desire for all kind of fashionistas, bloggers and trend lovers. It was just like a boom and everybody had the craving of owning a pair.




Later on, during London Fashion Week, we all felt in love at first sight once again when those Burberry platform loafers hit the catwalk in the F/W11 show, and then I suddenly realised that we all needed something similar to feel less anxious and why not, a bit taller.




So, after a long research I found this "wannabe" at Zara website and I have to recognise that eventhough they are not the same, they are quite more affordable for my budget and I have been using them ever since I bought them and feeling a little bit more trendy for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment